Offering you expertise in a changing market.
The buy-to-let sector has seen a raft of changes in regulation, lender criteria and the way in which portfolios are handled. Many of the applications that would have previously met mainstream criteria are now failing and are falling into the specialist arena.
In an ever-changing market place, use the vast experience of our team to help you. They have access to a wide range of innovative and exclusive products, from our extensive lender panel and products and our very own ‘Private Label’ brand. Plus, they also have access to a wide range of lenders that are not available to use on a direct basis.
What is a specialist buy-to-let mortgage?
A specialist buy-to-let mortgage is an application that does not necessarily meet the criteria of the mainstream lenders. Examples, to name but a few, are clients looking to purchase or re-mortgage an investment property that is owned by a limited company, clients looking for leniency in rental calculations or clients with an adverse credit history.
We work with a panel of lender partners who will assess each case on its own merits and offer a suite of products that will cater for most needs. This enables us to provide solutions for clients who may feel trapped with their existing lenders or who are looking to start or expand their investment property portfolio.
Types of mortgage covered in this division:
- BTL purchases.
- BTL re-mortgages, with or without capital raising.
Typical client scenarios:
- Portfolio Landlords (3+ properties)
- Mortgages in personal name, limited company/LLP (SPV & trading companies).
- Flexible rental calculations.
- Personal income/asset top-ups for rental coverage.
- High value properties.
- Large portfolios.
- Houses of multiple occupancy and student lets.
- Multi-units (i.e. four flats on one freehold title).
- Short term lets (Airbnb and similar).
- Holiday lets
- Unusual property types.
- Listed buildings.
- Flats above commercial premises.
- Refurb to let products.
- Day one re-mortgages.
- No minimum income/self-funding BTLs.
- Ex-pats and foreign buyers.
- First-time buyers and first-time landlords.
- High loan to value mortgages.
- Adverse credit history.
- Market-leading rates
- Up to 85% LTV.
- Fixed and variable rates.
- Interest-only options.
- Products with no fees, no ERCs and cashback deals.
- Lending in England, Scotland and Wales.